Listed below are several key application pitfalls to avoid on the CLS Program application:
- Spelling and grammatical errors/not following directions.
- Applying for a language without meeting the prerequisite.
- Weak letters of recommendation/letters of recommendation from high school instructors.
- Not articulating a direct correlation between the target language, current academic program, and future plans.
- Vague carer goals or lack of a clear path to career or language proficiency goals.
- Personal connection to the language rather than academic/professional.